Intro to Raspberry Pi with Python for 6th – 9th Graders
If your student loves tinkering, creating and expressing their creativity digitally, this is the class for them. This physical computing class will introduce students to both the Raspberry Pi and the Python Programming Language. Students will learn about the physical hardware of a Raspberry Pi, how it operates, and how to use Python to program input/output components, sensors, and the Pi-camera. In this class, students will see just how powerful this micro-computer is and get some coding experience by controlling these accessories with Python. This will be a great introduction to both physical computing and programming.
- This class is taught by Sean Raser, California High School AP Computer Science Teacher
- Class Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. with a break for snack (students should bring water and a snack)
- Class Dates: Wednesday (1/4/2023) and Thursday (1/5/2023)
- Location: California High School
- Grades: 6th – 9th grade students
- Cost: $160 for class plus $15 for supplies, materials and consumables
For more details about the Imagineering program, visit: bit.ly/srvef_imagineering
**Please be mindful when registering for this program. By registering for this Eventbrite Event, you are registering for the series of dates listed in the ticket description.