CSI: Forensics for 4th – 8th Graders
This fun, interactive, project-oriented course is designed to engage students in a truly fascinating area of science, CSI/Forensic Science. Students assume the role of crime scene investigators as they use observational skills, deductive reasoning and their newly acquired analytical skills to solve a realistic crime scenario. Students will analyze evidence including blood typing, blood spatter, fingerprint processing, hair samples, and tire prints to name a few. Students will create their own mock crime scene, and solve someone else’s as they hone their critical thinking skills.
- This class is taught by Tracy Gilcrist, Monte Vista High School Forensic Science Teacher
- Class Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. with a break for snack (students should bring water and a snack)
- Class Dates: Wednesday (1/4/2023) and Thursday (1/5/2023)
- Location: Monte Vista High School
- Grades: 4th – 8th grade students
- Cost: $160 for class plus $15 for supplies, materials and consumables
For more details about the Imagineering program, visit: bit.ly/srvef_imagineering
**Please be mindful when registering for this program. By registering for this Eventbrite Event, you are registering for the series of dates listed in the ticket description.